As a disclaimer, it is important to test and see what works best for you because everyone is different, but memes and quotes are usually what works best on social media. It’s also important to watermark your media so when it’s shared so people know the source.
- Keep it short: Posts with 80 characters or less receive 23% higher
- Use Photos: Posts that use photos receive 39% higher engagement rates on average
- 70% of your content should be your own, made by yourself to build brand recognition. Whether that is a meme or a quote.
- 20% of your content should be other peoples that are related to your brand. So if you’re a relationship expert, you can share a video of someone else discussing relationships do’s and don’ts
- 10% of your content should be promotional. No one likes an over promotional page
Two Golden Rules Of Content
1. Post Consistently
The best way to build and retain a following is to consistently post useful and interesting content. Be careful not to overdo it because your page will feel like spam.
2. Engage With Your Followers
It’s not enough to just push out content when you’re trying to build a community, SO ASK QUESTIONS AND REPLY TO THEM! Building a relationship is a two-way street.