What is the Facebook Pixel?
The main purpose of a Facebook Pixel is to track users that navigate on to certain pages of your website. The Facebook Pixel can be used in different ways including:
- Measure conversions (orders, sign ups, etc.)
- Get insights about people who visit your site
- Build custom audiences of recent website visitors (people who have added an item to their cart, listed product page, signed up for free incentive, etc.)
- Create lookalike audiences (people similar to your best customers)
- Remarket to everyone who visits your site, or people who visit specific pages or take specific actions
The Facebook Pixel helps track and focus on your warm audience (people that have viewed your website). Since they have already been on your site, they are already familiar with your brand, so you can now retarget ads towards them.
People need an average of 7 touchpoints before they are sales-ready. This means the average customer needs to see your website, brand, and/or ad 7 times before they convert (sign up, purchase, etc.), hence why the Facebook Pixel is extremely important.
How to Create and Install a Facebook Pixel
Setting up a Facebook Pixel is pretty simple to be honest with y’all. The video above explains how to do that, which you can follow along with too.